Festo is a worldwide leader in automation technology headquartered in Germany. We are always coming up with creative process solutions that bring product ideas to life. As an employer, we do everything in our power to ensure that visionary ideas are transformed into practice. What we do expect from you? Think outside of the box. Try new things. Bring your own idea. Take advantage of the creative freedom, the wide variety of development opportunities and the access to the best practice. In short: Face new challenges. As an Engineer and part of the production team in the passionate working world of Festo.
With reference to our growing Technical Engineering Center Sofia (TEC Sofia) currently we are looking for:
Junior Product Certification EngineerYour job:
Technical Competencies and Requirements:
- Implementation of the required electrical safety product approvals for the global market access of our portfolio of electrical / electromechanical / electronic products (servo motors, servo drives, motor controllers, proximity sensors and connecting cables);
- Excellent preparation and deep knowledge in the European Low-Voltage Directive (2014/35/EU) and standards EN 61010-1, EN IEC 60947-5-…, EN 60034-1; EN 61800-5-…, EN 60204-1 as well as North American UL & CSA approval requirements;
- Basic knowledge of electrical explosion protection according to European ATEX Directive (2014/34/EU) and standards EN 60079-0, …-7, …-15;
- Collect and take care of existing approvals during the entire product life cycle in case of product changes or changed approval bases (laws, standards);
- Main point of contact for questions regarding product approval and electrical safety for Sofia R&D site;
- Close cooperation and collaboration with Product Certification Dept. at HQ in Germany.
Professional Competencies and Requirements:
- Technical Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in the field of Mechatronics or similar;
- Advanced level of spoken and written English (level C1), knowledge in German language will be considered as an advantage;
- Excellent command of MS Office;
- Experience with SAP and Windchill will be considered as an advantage.
Personal Competencies and Requirements:
- Experience on the same or similar position – ideally in the field of product approval and with focus on electrical safety - would be beneficial.
- Knowledge in regulatory requirements for product approval. Relevant knowledge in relevant normative and legal requirements;
- Experience in international production company in the same or similar field will be considered as an advantage.
The Company offers:
- Capable of making fast decisions and taking the responsibility for the results in dynamic and changing environment;
- Oriented towards goals achieving and results;
- Focused on the added value for the internal and/or external clients;
- Team player, able to work in a multicultural working environment;
- Thinking out of the box, creativity and continuous improvement attitude;
- Flexible, adaptable, open to meet the change and acquire new knowledge and skills.
- Motivating compensation and social benefits package;
- Opportunity to work on a diversity of projects in the fields of industrial automation, robotics and digitalization;
- Professional development and learning opportunities in high technology and production environment.
In case your professional qualification corresponds to the above requirements and you wish to join our growing team, please send us your CV and a cover letter.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Your documents and personal data will be treated as confidential and will be protected according to Bulgarian Data Protection Legislation and the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR).