Festo is a worldwide leader in automation technology headquartered in Germany. We are always coming up with creative process solutions that bring product ideas to life. As an employer, we do everything in our power to ensure that visionary ideas are transformed into practice. What we do expect from you? Think outside of the box. Try new things. Bring your own idea. Take advantage of the creative freedom, the wide variety of development opportunities and the access to the best practice. In short: Face new challenges. As an Engineer and part of the production team in the passionate working world of Festo.
With reference to our growing Technological Engineering Center Sofia (TEC Sofia) currently we are looking for:
Hardware Design EngineerYour job:
Technical Competencies and Requirements:
- System design in collaboration with other project members with a special focus on PCB, packaging, mechanic and firmware;
- Development of analog and digital hardware boards/solutions from design phase to production release;
- Layout supervision from first scratch to series production considering EMC conform design;
- Integration of firmware for embedded DSP's or controllers in C and C++;
- Debugging and testing with a hands-on mentality;
- Product care of existing product portfolio to ensure long term availability, competitive production cost, quality and producibility;
- Continuous monitoring of developments and trends in the semiconductor market;
- Development, buildup and setup of prototypes as well as coordination and execution of functional tests;
- Active collaboration in comprehensive committees along the development process (project teams, FMEA teams, etc.).
Professional Competencies and Requirements:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Communications Engineering, etc.;
- Excellent written and spoken English, knowledge in German language will be considered as an advantage;
- Very good command of MS Office.
Personal Competencies and Requirements:
- Proven expertise and practical experience as Hardware Designer at least 3 years;
- Expertise and deep knowledge in current industrial Ethernet interfaces (ProfiNet, Ethernet IP and/or Ethercat);
- Practical experience in schematic and PCB design, Cadence Allegro;
- Good knowledge in control systems engineering and analog electronics;
- Capable of making fast decisions and taking the responsibility for the results in dynamic and changing environment;
- Oriented towards goals achieving and results;
- Focused on the added value for the internal and/or external clients;
- Team player, able to work in a multicultural working environment;
- Thinking out of the box, creativity and continuous improvement attitude;
- Flexible, adaptable, open to meet the change and acquire new knowledge and skills.
- The Company offers:
- Motivating compensation and social benefits package;
- Opportunity to work on variety of projects in industrial automation, IIoT and Robotics;
- Professional development and learning opportunities in high technology and production environment.
In case your professional qualification corresponds to the above requirements and you wish to join our growing team, please send your CV and a cover letter.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Your documents and personal data will be treated as confidential and will be protected according to Bulgarian Data Protection Legislation and the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR).