INTEGRATED MICRO-ELECTRONICS BULGARIA is part of Integrated Micro-Electronics, Inc. (IMI) - leading provider of electronic manufacturing services (EMS) and power semiconductor assembly and test services. IMI serves some of the world’s leading original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) in the computing, communications, consumer, automotive, industrial, and medical electronics markets. It is consistently ranked among the top 20 EMS providers in the world. Founded in 1980 as joint venture between Ayala Corporation and Resins Inc., IMI now operates in 21 manufacturing sites around the world located in the Philippines, China, Singapore, the United States of America, UK, Germany, Mexico, Bulgaria, Serbia and the Czech Republic.
The production facilities in Bulgaria are situated in the town of Botevgrad and there is a Design & Development Unit (D&D) in the city of Sofia. IMI Europe Design & Development Department was founded in 2002 in Bulgaria. When the department was formed, the activities were linked to development of household and industrial products. Nowadays the Department has developed to include automotive and mobility industries alongside industrial, following standards such as ASPICE and ISO 26262. This unit has strong capabilities in the area of motor drive and power electronics. INTEGRATED MICRO-ELECTRONICS BULGARIA employs more than 2300 people.
Currently we are looking to employ a SENIOR HARDWARE DESIGNER
to boost our Design & Development team in Sofia.General purpose of the job:
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Design and Develop electronics hardware;
- Create electronics schematics to offer required product functionality meeting cost and timing targets;
- Understand the complete product proposition and recommend appropriate architecture solutions;
- Selection of appropriate electronic components;
- Liaise with global suppliers, hardware, software and manufacturing engineering teams to introduce and integrate new technology;
- Work closely with the mechanical engineers, software engineers and layout engineers team to achieve required product and legislative requirements including radiated RF and EMC performance;
- Assure that created designs meets agreed internal and product regulatory standards. Eg. CE/FCC/PTCRB/GCF/FDA/UL;
- The ability to create PCB layouts and develop firmware would be beneficial.
- Participate during the feasibility study of new products;
- Design and Develop products respecting customer’s specifications and the development rules;
- Work in relation with the customer for technical added value, respecting project rules set by the Project Leader;
- Assist Project Leaders in the specification and agreement of electronics design deliverables;
- Assist in the creation of work plans for input to schedules generated by the project management team;
- Give an approval of the developed products in its specialities;
- Develop test plans and reports;
- Analogue and Digital design and simulations of electronic circuits;
- Participate in the development of the technologic roadmap;
- Propose implementation of new methods and techniques for continuous improvement and process control;
- Attend customer project meetings to report on progress as required.
- University degree in science or engineering;
- Proficient in ORCAD;
- Can use Mentor PADS, Cadence Allegro and/or Altium;
- Excellent knowledge of design and development processes with speciality in hardware;
- Knowledge of designing for EMI, EMC and ESD;
- Good computer skills (general purpose and specialized software);
- Knowledge of Intermediate Business level of English.
- Labour contract with Integrated Micro-Electronics Bulgaria;
- Place of work – 5th floor, entr. B, bl. 330, Deliyska Vodenitsa str., Druzhba 2, 1582 Sofia, Bulgaria;
- Flexible start of the work day;
- Good compensation package - food vouchers, fuel vouchers, additional medical insurance;
- On the job training.
If you want to join our team of experts please submit a detailed CV in English and a short portfolio of designs via the apply button below.
Deadline for applications - July 20, 2022Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.